The Better Show
How to Have a Better Brunch
Brunch may be the most perfect meal of the day, balanced delicately between a too-early Sunday breakfast and a too-late lunch. It combines the sweet and savory in a delightful melange suitable for early birds and night owls alike. In this week’s episode we dive into what makes brunch so popular and how to design the perfect brunch for you and your friends.
We constantly hear stories about how the most successful and productive people have morning routines that include getting up very early in the morning to get a jump start on their day. But is rising early REALLY the right solution for everyone? On this week's episode of The Better Show, we aim to find out by diving into the research.
- 1:20 - 💂♀️ Where does the word "brunch" come from? (Featuring March's ridiculous British accent)
- 3:50 - 😍 Ian tells us how he fell in love with brunch
- 6:00 - 👩🍳 Darren shares his perspective on brunch as part of the slow food movement
- 8:25 - 💏 Ian introduces us to the concept of a 'brunch bunch' - the perfect way to knit friend groups together
- 10:50 - 🤯 March admits he's never heard of chicken and waffles
- 12:20 - 🤑 Ian hatches a plan to open his own brunch place called 'The Brunch Boss'
- 13:10 - 💯 Ian outlines how to create your own brunch bunch
- 17:55 - 🥓 Ian tests the guys to find out if they know the correct way to cook bacon (hint Darren isn't invited to join the brunch bunch)
- 24:30 - 🏡 March suggests the idea of a potluck home based brunch
- 26:40 - 💂♀️March & Ian roll out their awful British accents again to close out the show
Full Episode Transcript
Enjoy the show?
- Leave a review in iTunes!
- Tell two friends about the show!