The Better Show
New Year's Resolutions Redux 2019
What makes a good resolution and how can you make them stick? We’ll share why resolutions can be helpful, our personal experiences and tips you can try to make resolutions work for you.
In this episode Ian, Darren & March talk about New Year’s resolutions — what makes a good resolution and how to make them stick. We’ll share why resolutions can be helpful, our personal experiences and tips you can try to make resolutions work for you. We cover a lot of ground, including:
- 2:39— March on the origin and history of New Year’s resolutions
- 3:15— March shares data on the typical success rate for keeping one’s resolutions. (Spoiler alert: it ain’t good.)
- 4:38— March counts down the top 5 most popular New Year’s resolutions from 2017
- 6:21— March shares a tip on how to increase your chances for sticking to your resolutions
- 11:40— Ian reveals and reviews his 2016 New Year’s resolutions
- 24:45— March describes his experience with The 4-Hour Body
- 28:35— Tips on how to set resolutions that will stick
- 30:45— The SMART method for setting goals and resolutions
- 40:05— Tips for learning a new language
- 43:18— Tips for saving money in the new year
- 44:41— Tips for finding a new job
- 47:16— Tips for exercising more
- 57:00— Ian, March, and Darren make their own New Year's Resolutions for 2018
- 1:13:16— BONUS CONTENT: It's New Year's Eve 2019 and Ian, March, and Darren reflect on how their resolutions from 2018 have gone.
Full Episode Transcript
Enjoy the show?
- Leave a review in iTunes!
- Tell two friends about the show!