The Better Show
Cut out clutter and feel happier
Why one person's cozy is another persons cluttered. The benefits of reducing clutter. Tips & tricks for dealing with clutter in your home. Strategies for reducing digital clutter. Dealing with clutter while living with other people.
In this episode Ian, Darren & March talk about how to handle clutter. We reflect on why reducing clutter matters, our own personal experiences with clutter, tips & tricks you can use, and experiments we're going to try and report back on.
- 1: 21 - How clutter can negatively affect your health and productivity
- 8:45 - The difference between clutter and hoarding
- 10:00 - Ian, on dealing with "I might need it one day" syndrome
- 13:15 - Darren, on minimalism and finding a happy medium
- 15:37 - March, on tidying up vs organizing
- 18:51 -Easy first steps on your path to a clutter-free environment
- 22:55 - How the KonMari method can refresh the way you approach decluttering
- 28:55 - Your neighbors' secret to buying nothing
- 34:44 - How sharing economies can reduce individual clutter
- 38:10 - Services to help you get rid of your physical clutter
- 44:08 - Closet and storage hacks you can experiment with
- 52:50 - How to prevent future clutter through your buying choices
- 56: 56 - Digital decluttering tips for your emails, files, and more
- 1:04:59 - Do we even need to organize our digital files anymore?
- 1:11:00 - March's trick for handling mounds of paper communication
- 1:15:43 - A PSA on digital clutter
- 1:17:33 -Lightning round of tricks for tidying up and being productive
- 1:23:39 - Our next experiments:
- Ian will start a Declutter Day event on Facebook
- March will try Ian's closet hack and BuyNothing
Darren will digitize all his old paperwork
Full Episode Transcript
Enjoy the show?
- Leave a 5-star review in iTunes!
- Tell two friends about the show!