The Better Show
Automate Your Life Pt.2
In this episode we conclude our 2 part series on automating your life. We focus on services that can save you money, get you time back and make your life run more smoothly.
- 1:27 — We got nominated for a “best health and fitness” podcast award!!
- 5:20 — March recommends checking out Episode 56: Better Morning Routines.
- 6:48 — What benefits can you reap from using services to automate things in your life?
- 8:25 — Automating your laundry with LaundryHeap.com
- 12:16 — How to automate your grocery shopping
- 16:10 — Ian’s experience using TaxFyle.com to outsource his tax preparation.
- 19:39 — A few of the lesser known outsourcing services that Darren and Mardee use including Dolly, Fiverr, and 99Designs.com.
- 22:00 — How to decide which outsourcing services are the best value for your lifestyle.
- 25:50 — Ian reflects on the benefits of having a roommate to “outsource” some activities around the house.
- 27:01 —March almost confesses to making phone calls to random people. :-)
- 32:00 — The two categories of automation / outsourcing services.
- 34:19 — Are we already living in a dystopian future of automation?
- 38:42 — Darren offers to do Ian’s taxes. (Not really.)
- 40:00 — The precarious task of putting up Christmas lights.
- 43:10 —The 3 weirdest things that have been outsourced using TaskRabbit.
- 49:45 — The difference between Fiverr and TaskRabbit.
- 51:38 — What is Mechanical Turk by Amazon?
- 1:00:01 — The different options for food and grocery delivery.
- 1:01:00 — The different personal shopping services and how they work.
- 1:05:20 — A service called OffTheRecord.com that will contest your traffic tickets on your behalf.
- 1:07:19 — Automating the setup of a company and payment system using Atlas by Stripe.
- 1:07:59 — Services that automatically coach you on sales calls or for live presentations.
- 1:10:01 — Services that help you automate your travel planning.
- 1:13:05 — Services like Dolly that can help you find people to move large, heavy objects.
- 1:15:05 — How you can get rid of three feet of snow using the Shovler app.