The Better Show
Automate Your Life Pt.1
We start a 2 part exploration on how to use technology to automate the boring, annoying and time consuming tasks in your life.
- 2:50 — Why might you want to automate certain tasks in your life?
- 6:04 — The advantages of reducing friction in your life.
- 7:03 — Three questions to ask yourself to discover areas where automation might be advantageous for you.
- 8:50 — March shares the areas in his life that he has happily automated including bills, discovery of relevant news, and retirement savings.
- 9:59 — Why you might NOT want to pay attention to your investments.
- 13:22 — Ian shares a few things that he’s automated in his life but laments that this is one of the few areas where he is not an early adopter.
- 15:45 — “Just in time” shopping.
- 16:50 — Darren shares his philosophy on how he thinks about life automation and lists a number of services he and his wife, Mardee, have used to automate basic life tasks.
- 19:32 —The strangest thing that Darren has automated in his life and a reference to Episode 29 where he shares the story of what motivated him to do it.
- 21:57 — Five things everyone should automate.
- 25:55 — How Ian broke the central heating system in his new home.
- 33:28 —Five surprising things that you can benefit from automating including food delivery, shopping for deals, and feeding your cat.
- 35:54 —Darren gives a hearty endorsement of Sun Basket, the food delivery service that he and Mardee use regularly.
- 43:49 — How to keep track of cool stuff in space.
- 45:25 — How to use automation to get out of annoying or difficult conversations.
- 49:10 — The things that you DON’T want to automate.
- 52:38 — Things our listeners wish they could automate but that are difficult or impossible to automate.
- 53:50 — Ian, Darren, and March decide which things from this episode they are going to try out and report back on.