The Better Show
Better Coffee Part 1
On this episode we begin a 2 part series all about coffee. We dive into the history of coffee, it’s global varieties, and the difference between specialty and commodity coffees.
- 8:05 —Ian answers the question why does coffee matter and why you might want to start exploring the world of coffee.
- 11:40 —The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd “waves” of coffee history.
- 12:05 — The connection between coffee and cultural histories across the world.
- 15:25 — The depth of the world of coffee and how it compares to the world of wine.
- 19:19 — March shares how he was first introduced to coffee and how he consumes it today. and
- 26:31 — Darren shares how he discovered espresso in anticipation of a trip to Italy.
- 31:19 — Darren recommends Zimbabwe coffee.
- 32:41 — Ian shares his journey of becoming passionate about coffee and shares how he was first introduced to coffee at the famous Espresso Vivace.
- 36:20 — What is commodity coffee and how does it differ from specialty coffee?
- 41:40 — Ian shares the source of his fascination with the world of coffee.
- 46:45 — What is the difference between the origin of coffee and its variety?
- 55:55 — Ian breaks down some of the best varieties of coffee.
- 1:08:30 — Different ways to process coffee.
- 1:12:46 — How coffee is graded and what does a coffee’s “grade” actually mean.