The Better Show
Better Fasting 2019 Pt. 2
On this episode we finish discussing our experiences throughout the week during our 5-day fast. We discuss how the Days 4 and 5 went and what we learned along the way.
- 1:04 — Day 4 (Thursday): March finally feels good; Darren feels great and experiencing incredible mental clarity; Ian reflects on his hardest day yet.
- 3:40 — Ian and March compare last year’s fast with their experience this year including the fast’s effect on their sleep quality.
- 5:30 — Darren shares the data he’s collected on his overall weight, % of water weight and % of muscle weight from his digital scale.
- 13:15 — Day 5 (Friday): March has 4 hours to go and Ian does a little karaoke.
- 14:00 — Ian’s soup tragedy.
- 17:10 — Darren’s continued battle with sleep.
- 19:57 — Ian’s water-drinking super power and March ponders how that superpower could help him fight crime.
- 21:05 — March lists off the various “cheat codes” we’ve discovered to stave off hunger during this fast.
- 21:19 — We give a shout to soup for all its wonderfulness.
- 22:10 — How we are each preparing to transition off of our fast and how it all went wrong for March and Ian after last year’s fast.
- 27:09 — Darren’s plan for breaking his fast in cooperation with UberEats.
- 33:32 — Day 6 (Saturday): Darren wonders whether this the end of his fast or whether it is a new beginning for him.
- 36:25 — How often should someone do a fast, anyway?
- 39:10 — March describes his first meal post-fast and the hangover that followed the next morning.
- 43:18 — We discuss the importance of developing a healthy relationship with food.
- 45:22 — The benefit of doing a fast with someone else — for motivation and for moderation.
- 47:29 — Ian describes his and Carine’s first post-fast meal and his experience with a little nausea the next day.
- 50:28 — Our final thoughts about this fast and how this experience is going to affect us going forward.