The Better Show
Better Look Back Vol. 9
We look back on the most interesting experiments of the past few months.
- 3:59 — March shares the results from his experiment with reducing his alcohol to improve the quality of his sleep.
- 6:57 — How his heart rate variability has changed based on measurements from his Oura ring.
- 7:50 — Matthew Walker’s interview with Kevin Rose on the effects of alcohol on sleep quality.
- 9:52 — Darren’s results on increasing his exercise to help combat the winter blues.
- 10:45 — The record-breaking winter weather that Seattle has experienced this year.
- 11:23 — How combining his goal of working from home has helped Darren carve out time for exercise and made it easier to cook at home more.
- 12:30 — Ian shares what he’s done to improve the effectiveness of meetings that he organizes at work using tips from episode 102: Better Meetings.
- 13:50 — What happens when none of the meeting participants read the meeting agenda ahead of time.
- 15:37 — The results of March’s experiment with recording all his meetings and sharing the recording with others.
- 16:35 —March shares a pro tip of playing meeting recordings back at 2X speed.
- 17:30 — The etiquette of giving attendees a heads up that the meeting is being recorded.
- 18:40 — Meetings that March specifically does not record.
- 19:55 — Darren’s experiment with hot-cold therapy using the sauna at the gym followed by a cold shower.
- 22:28 — March introduces Ian and Darren to the sauna sleeping bag and the sweat box.
- 23:40 — We discuss the ridiculousness of the home sweat box available from Alibaba and Darren remarks at the similarity between the sweat box image and Violet Beauregarde blowing up into a blueberry from the Willy Wonka movie. 😂
- 26:01 — Ian shares his experience with adopting the Peloton as his regular exercise routine.
- 28:35 — The impact of adopting some of the tactics offered by B.J. Fogg in establishing strong habits.
- 31:04 — March reflects on hosting more dinner parties to increase the quality time with his friends and the knock-on effects in his community.
- 32:40 — Tips for Ian as he’s house hunting to ensure that
- 33:15 — Darren reflects on tactics he adopted from Episode 104: Friendships to stay better connected to close friends across the country.