The Better Show
Better Meetings: Part 1
This week we’re kicking off a 2 parter on better meetings. We dive into how you can save time and make your meetings more effective.
- 2:05 —Some facts about the current state of meetings in the US including the average cost of a meeting when you add up the salaries of all attendees.
- 10:30 — The value of recording meetings so others who can’t attend can get the value of the information shared at the meeting.
- 11:43 — The most common complaints about meetings.
- 14:05 — Ian shares a challenge he faces in needing to meet with a wide variety of individuals on other teams.
- 16:55 — March shares his perspective on how meetings have changed for him since he’s moved to Ireland and is now a remote team member.
- 22:15 — Basic meeting etiquette for remote meeting attendees.
- 23:27 — Some tactics Darren has used to try to improve the value of the meetings he organizes.
- 29:39 — Tips from The Surprising Science of Meetings by Steven Rogelberg
- 33:28 — Ian shares the different impressions of people who actively listen in a meeting and those who multi-task.
- 41:34 — The importance of communicating a goal for a meeting.
- 47:55 — How Darren organized the daily stand-up meeting at his previous company.
- 57:11 — The ideal number of attendees for a meeting for maximum productivity.