The Better Show
Better Pet Adoption: Part 1
With all the extra time we are spending in our homes lately, many of us are considering adopting a pet as a companion. In this 2-part series we discuss ways to adequately prepare for adopting a new pet so that you and your new companion have the best experience together. In part 1 we dive into how to choose the right pet and breed for your lifestyle and reflect on the role of pets as a member of your family.
- 2:46 — Darren shares that he and his wife recently adopted a new puppy, Ellie and he discusses his motivation for focusing on this topic.
- 4:10 — The benefits of pet adoption including companionship, stress reduction, and better mental health.
- 7:01 — March shares his past experience adopting a large dog in his small apartment.
- 13:04 — March reflects on the differences between pet ownership in Ireland and the US.
- 13:50 — Ian reveals that he and his family are long-time cat people.
- 15:27 — We take a moment to enjoy a view of Ian’s dream of owning a baby giraffe. 😄
- 19:21 — Darren shares a story from his youth about owning an evil poodle.
- 21:32 — The importance of preparation and a little bit of research when choosing to get a new pet and the difficulty of finding a new home for a pet that doesn’t fit your lifestyle.
- 23:30 — Deciding what you want out of a pet — exercise companion, cuddle companion, etc.
- 24:49 — Selecting your pet species and the breed.
- 26:30 — Questions to ask yourself when choosing a pet and a breed of dog or cat.
- 27:01 — Online resources to help you learn about different dogs and cats.
- 28:55 — The right flavor of giraffe for your home and lifestyle.