The Better Show
Better Strength Training Pt.1
This week we start a 2 part exploration of strength training. We discuss it’s important role in all aspects of your health and how to get started with a training program.
- 3:49 — March shares stats about the minimum recommended amount of strength training.
- 7:15 — The different classes of exercise and the benefits and different results of each.
- 9:35 — What is sarcopenia and why strength training guards against it.
- 13:40 — Why strength training can reduce your risk of falling in old age.
- 15:44 — The minimum threshold for exercise to qualify as strength training and why it’s important to “push the button.”
- 22:03 — Ian shared his experience with strength training.
- 25:11 — The Centenarian Olympics
- 26:50 — Darren’s history (or lack thereof) with strength training and the conversation he had with his doctor that changed his perspective on exercise and living a healthy lifestyle.
- 31:30 — Strength training that you can do at home.
- 36:28 — How soreness is related to exercise and strength training and how to adjust the frequency of your workout to minimize soreness.
- 40:50 — Ian is curious about how to combine his sauna routine into his strength training routine to maximize the health benefits.