The Better Show
Better Strength Training Pt.2
This week we conclude our 2 part exploration of strength training. We dive into the details of how to start training, the most important exercises to include and how to workout even if you can’t go to the gym.
- 1:55 — Darren reveals that strength training isn’t his absolute favorite activity and March shares why it is so important.
- 3:11 — The difficulty in getting to the gym in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic.
- 4:27 — How to decide what kind of strength training regimen is for you if you’ve never done this before.
- 6:28 — The downsides of “skipping leg day” and the relationship between opposing muscles.
- 8:35 — Getting started with strength training including exercises that use your own body weight, exercises that use machines and using free weights.
- 11:55 — Finding a place to exercise at home and what exercises to start with.
- 13:28 — How to tell if you are “pushing the button.”
- 16:44 — Slow push-ups and how they work for strength training.
- 19:31 — How to do ring row exercises, pull-ups, and hand-stand push-ups.
- 24:50 — One-legged squats.
- 28:38 — How to determine how much weight to start with.
- 31:58 — How should you stretch and what is the difference between stretching and warming up?
- 36:02 —How to think about cardio.
- 38:10 — Diet considerations.
- 40:55 — How to plan your ramp-up program and balance workouts with recovery.
- 48:01 — Final thoughts.