The Better Show
Better Video Conferencing Tips: Part 1
This week we kick off a two–part discussion on video conferencing. We dive into the equipment, software, tips, tricks, and techniques to help you look your best and be most effective next time you connect online for work or with friends.
- 7:19 — The benefits of connecting with others via video and why a quality video conferencing setup matters for you and for the people with whom you are connecting.
- 12:15 — Ian shares his experience with video conferencing and confesses that he’s never really given much thought to the quality of his setup for video calls.
- 15:52 — March discusses how his move to Ireland necessitated that he pay additional attention and make some additional investment in the quality of his video conferencing setup.
- 20:48 — We kick off the tips & tricks part of the show with tips on high quality audio.
- 22:44 — The importance of good quality audio and options to improve the audio you project to others, including a dedicated headset and a product called the Blue Yeti.
- 26:20 — Microphones that will upgrade you to a professional level of audio.
- 25:35 — Tips for good camera placement and also a few things to avoid.
- 31:19 — The good, better, and best options for webcams.
- 34:20 — Using your smart phone as a video camera.
- 36:39 — Using an DSLR camera for video conferencing and which models to look for when shopping for an inexpensive DSLR that you can use for video conferencing.
- 42:35 — The importance of lighting and tips to get your lighting just right.
- 46:09 — The very best option for lighting: key lighting.
- 49:10 — The rise of online video streaming among gamers and a supplier of premium hardware and software for streamers.