The Better Show
How to survive cold & flu season
We talk about strategies for staying healthy during cold and flu season. We’ll talk vaccines, hygiene, immune boosting and whether ‘man-flu’ is a real thing.
On this episode of The Better Show we talk about strategies for staying healthy during cold and flu season. We’ll talk vaccines, hygiene, immune boosting and whether ‘man-flu’ is a real thing.
- 0:51— In a selfless commitment to producing the most authentic show possible, Ian actually has a bad cold as we record this episode. :(
- 2:42— Why antibiotics don’t work on either the common cold or flu
- 4:02— The different seasonal cycles of flu season in the Northern and Southern hemispheres and theories about why the flu is seasonal at all
- 9:35— Does being cold actually make you more prone to getting a cold?
- 15:06— March offers a public service announcement to clarify once and for all the misconception of a connection between vaccines and Autism
- 19:20— Do states require flu vaccines for children attending public school?
- 21:42— March’s bout with walking pneumonia
- 35:00— What is “the man flu” anyway?
- 45:08— When is it safe to go back to work after contracting the flu?
- 47:57— Kids, aspirin, and Reye’s syndrome
- 56:00— Tips to avoid contracting or spreading the flu or a cold
- 1:14:00— Ian’s early experiments with immune-boosting mushroom supplements
Full Episode Transcript
Enjoy the show?
- Leave a review in iTunes!
- Tell two friends about the show!