The Better Show
Interview with Kevin Hancock
This week we bring you a special interview with guest, Kevin Hancock, who discusses the ideas laid out in his new book, "The Seventh Power: One CEO's Journey Into the Business of Shared Leadership." In this episode, Ian speaks with Kevin about his journey towards creating a company culture centered around shared leadership.
- 2:33 — Ian wishes Kevin happy birthday. 🎂
- 3:55 — Kevin discusses why it’s important for us to think about leadership and how it is changing.
- 6:01 — Why it is difficult for organizations to disperse power.
- 13:46 — Kevin talks about the empowerment that comes from answering a question with a question.
- 20:58 — How can we all get better at shared leadership?
- 23:00 — Kevin shares how he was inspired by observing how power is dispersed in nature.
- 25:25 — Ian is curious about whether the concept of shared leadership is limited to business environments or can it be applied in other aspects of life.
- 32:10 — Kevin discusses the lesson from his experience that stands out most for him: that listening is for understanding, not for judgement.
- 36:02 — Kevin asks a profound question, “What if everybody on earth felt trusted, respected, valued, and heard?”
- 38:00 — The one thing that Kevin suggests we all do to help release our own true voice.
- 41:50 —Kevin shares a concept from the Native American Sioux tribe “We’re all brothers. All things are one thing. We are all related.”