The Better Show
The Power of Music
On this episode we talk about the mental, physical and emotional benefits of listening to music. We explore how music can help you concentrate, improve your mood and even make you fitter.
- 3:47 — March discusses his interest in this topic and the benefits of music including increased ability to concentrate, improved performance in mathematics, improving mood and reduction of pain.
- 4:55 — Darren and Ian share their relationship to music and their background with playing instruments.
- 13:01 — Darren recommends an episode of Every Little Thing podcast titled “Secrets of the Symphony”
- 13:55 —March shares his experience learning to play piano and the profound experience he had after picking it up after a long break.
- 24:01 — Why does listening to music have so many benefits?
- 27:37 — How educators use music to aid in memorization.
- 29:42 — How to use music to improve your cognitive function.
- 30:30 — What is music therapy.
- 37:51 — Using music to improve your health including how to use music to motivate yourself to move.
- 44:09 — Using music for pain reduction.
- 46:04 — Using music to improve your mood.
- 48:31 — The inclusion of music on the Voyager space probe.
- 49:58 — Ian is curious about whether it’s important to listen to a wide variety of music.
- 53:29 — The benefits of playing music.
- 56:30 — We recommend our “Better Next Step”.