The Better Show
Things We're Grateful For Right Now
This episode we share 3 things we’re grateful for that are helping us through these strange and stressful times.
- 1:27 — We reflect on our sense of exhaustion with COVID-related news.
- 4:49 — Why gratitude can help us through challenging times.
- 8:10 — Darren reflects on how his parents have been an example to him of how to practice gratitude every day.
- 9:44 — March marvels at the power and expanse of the Internet and the positive impact it has had on the world.
- 14:48 — March shares a visualization of the network of satellites orbiting the Earth.
- 16:19 — Darren explains what a traceroute is and plugs a business idea he had 16 years ago called www.agreener.com.
- 22:10 — Ian explains his belief that anonymity on the Internet will eventually go away.
- 23:45 — Ian shares his most recent passion: coffee and explains why he views coffee as a modern wonder of the world.
- 26:50 — Ian explains what a “pour over” is and the nuance in the technique in crafting a pour over that determines the flavor of the finished beverage.
- 30:01 — We discuss “single origin” coffees and the difference between the different geographies including coffee from Yemen.
- 41:01 — Darren shares a book he discovered titled Shantaram by David Gregory Roberts that has become his favorite book of all time.
- 44:20 — Darren reads one if his favorites a passage from the book.
- 46:20 — Ian shares a book he’s recently heard about that is getting good reviews.